10 June 2014
Alex Fisher, a 17-year old Year 12 student from Queensland will fly solo 8,000nm anti-clockwise around Australia’s coast, to raise money for the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
Under the name of the ‘Flight of Solidarity’, Alex will be flying Cessna 172N Skyhawk II VH-DBB, with a Cessna 172S Skyhawk SP acting as a support aircraft. The flight departs from Archerfield in Brisbane on 21 June 2014.
Dates for the Western Australian airports are as follows (subject to change):
- 27 June: Darwin – Kununurra – Derby
- 28 June: Derby – Broome – Port Hedland – Onslow – Carnarvon
- 29 June: Carnavon – Geraldton – Jandakot
- 1 July: Jandakot – Busselton – Albany – Esperance
- 2 July: Esperance – Caiguna – Forrest.
Alex is due to arrive back at Archerfield on 12 July 2014. He has established a website at www.flightofsolidarity.com.au, and donations to the RFDS or to his flight costs may be made through links on the website.