On 27 September 2013, the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) and Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) performed a flypast over Perth to mark twenty years of Singapore Air Force flying training at RAAF Base Pearce.
The RSAF has trained 1,080 graduate pilots and aircrew over the last 20 years at Pearce, initially on the SIAI-Marchetti S-211, which was later replaced by the Pilatus PC-21.
Aircraft participating in the flypast were:
- 9105 Pilatus PC-21 (MSN 113) of 130 “Eagle” Squadron, Republic of Singapore Air Force
- A27-24 BAE Systems Hawk 127 (MSN DT24) of 79 Squadron, RAAF
- A23-009 Pilatus PC-9/A (MSN 509) of 2FTS, RAAF
- A23-??? Pilatus PC-9/A of 2FTS, RAAF (carrying a photographer)
The flypast formation route was as follows:
- Departed RAAF Pearce at 10am
- Crossed the northern coast at 10:08
- Over Rottnest Island at 10:15
- Over Fremantle at 10:32
- Over Perth city at 10:34
- Returned to RAAF Base Pearce at 10:43.
The RAAF’s official air-to-air photos from the flypast have been added to the Aircraft Photos section of our website – all photos © Commonwealth of Australia, Department of Defence.