5 September 2012 © David Eyre
Qatar Airways has already been using their Boeing 777-300ER aircraft occasionally on Perth services to replace the smaller 777-200LR, and from 1 October 2012 to 31 January 2013, will use the larger 777-300ER more frequently.
This is perhaps intended to counter the additional Emirates 777-300ER daytime services (EK422/EK423) between Perth and Dubai, which starts from 1 December 2012 five times per week before going daily on 1 March 2013. This new Emirates service gives the airline three Perth services per day for five days each week and two services on the other two days.
The amended Qatar Airways schedule is as follows:
- 4 – 18 October 2012: Boeing 777-300ER on ALL of the three weekly services (Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday)
- 20 October – 3 November 2012: Boeing 777-300ER on Tuesdays, Boeing 777-200LR on Thursdays and Saturdays
- 6 – 15 November 2012: Boeing 777-300ER on ALL of the three weekly services (Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday)
- 7 November – 1 December 2012: Boeing 777-300ER on Tuesdays & Thursdays, Boeing 777-200LR on Saturdays
As previously advised on AviationWA, the QR900/901 service goes daily from 2 December 2012, but the 777-300ER aircraft is still replacing the -200LR on selected dates:
- 2 – 10 December 2012: Boeing 777-300ER on Thursday and Saturday, 777-200LR on other days.
- 11 December 2012 – 31 January 2013: Boeing 777-300ER on ALL services except New Years Day, when a -200LR operates the service.
The schedule for QR900 is being slightly changed from 1 December 2012. Currently, flight QR900 is scheduled to arrive in Perth at 17:10, but will arrive at 17:20 from 1 December. Flight QR901 currently departs Perth at 22:55, but from 1 December will depart at 22:45.