16 January 2012 © David Eyre:
During April 2012, Virgin Australia’s third Airbus A330-243 VH-XFC (cn 1293) will be delivered – the first of four brand new A330s in their fleet.
The new Virgin Australia A330-243 aircraft are:
- VH-XFC (cn 1293) – To be delivered April 2012
- VH-XFD (cn 1306) – To be delivered May 2012
- VH-XFE (cn 1319) – To be delivered October 2012
- VH-… (cn not yet known) – To be delivered December 2012.
The current leased ex-Emirates A330-243 aircraft are:
- VH-XFA “Cottesloe Beach” (cn 365) – ex A6-EAB
- VH-XFB “Cable Beach” (cn 372) – ex A6-EAC.
With the delivery of the first of these new A330s, from 14 May 2012, Virgin Australia is to commence twice daily Airbus A330 services between Melbourne and Perth. Airfares are $195 one-way.
Currently, the airline’s Melbourne-Perth services are operated by Boeing 737-800s, and the Airbus A330s are used exclusively between Sydney and Perth.
The schedule for the new Melbourne A330 service from 14 May 2012 is as follows:
- DAILY: DJ685 arr 15:15 / DJ694 dep 17:30
- DAILY: DJ691 arr 19:45 / DJ680 dep 08:30