Perth Airport has announced a $500 million, three year program which started in 2011, to build new terminals and begin the consolidation of international and domestic flights at the site of the International Terminal.
- A new joint international/domestic pier will be built on the south end of the current International Terminal, able to accommodate the Airbus A330-200s which Virgin Blue will receive in 2011 for use on eastern states services.
- It will also include some A380-capable air bridges. (The runways and taxiways are already A380-capable).
- Terminal WA, designed in consultation with BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto, will be built. This is a single-level terminal so that passengers on regional flights do not have to move between floors.
- The International Terminal will be modified to triple the size of the customs, quarantine and baggage reclaim areas.
- The international terminal car park will have a multi-storey parking area.
- For more details, see Perth Airport redevelopment webpage.